Monday, February 28, 2011

Wine, Pizza, and Hummus

What do these things all have in common? It's what I ate yesterday.

Yesterday was a beautiful day, so a friend and I decided to go to the harbor. He wanted to walk around, I didn't because it was cold, so I decided we should eat. I was in the mood for some grilled pizza and I often passed Bagby's Pizza in Harbor East, so I decided why not? But on the way there, I stopped in Whole Foods for my first taste of Hummus. Why didn't anyone tell me it was so good? On my next food shopping trip, I'm going to get some Hummus.


But anyway, we ordered a Tennessee Honey Chicken with mozzarella, provolone, ricotta, roasted red peppers, artichokes, and honey chicken. I had mine with a glass of red Belmondo Pinot Noir. I didn't know how to order it and felt a bit dumb but I wanted to feel like I was in Italy. A glass of wine and pizza, nothing beats it. My friend had a Bud Light Lime. Whatever. The pizza took about 15 minutes and it was amazing. I usually don't eat peppers but I made a vow to enjoy all the flavors. The pizza was sweet and smokey at the same time. The textures were different and all blended well. Everything was complimented by the crispy crust. The crust was like a cracker, so good and flaky.

Afterwards we had Haagan Daas ice cream. I had a raspberry-mango sorbet smoothie. So good. Everything was so good. I felt like I was in Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment