Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Lobster Truck Story

Lobster Roll!!!
Working in DC provides a lot of opportunities for interesting eating. Although there are a lot of food trucks in Baltimore, there are twice as many in DC. One of the trucks I had the pleasure of trying was the Red Hook.

Red Hook is famous for the Maine style Lobster rolls, so famous that line was half a block long and it took my 2 weeks to find the right time to get a roll. The day finally came when the truck was about 3 blocks from my job and I had the opportunity to try the roll.

I waited in line for about 20 minutes and the roll was alright. The Maine style roll is basically Lobster salad on a buttery bun that was too small for $15. Yes, I paid $15r a six inch roll. I felt ripped off but apparently people love it. Too add insult to injury, a few days later, I ended up with a lip rash.

No comments:

Post a Comment