Friday, February 18, 2011

Decadence

Have you ever had fresh hot chocolate? Or homemade whipped cream? If you haven't, you should. This morning I made homemade hot chocolate. No packets, just coco, cream, milk, water, chocolate chips, and whipped cream I made yesterday. A few weeks ago, I began looking for a hot chocolate recipe and I came across one of divascancook.com. I love Monique, the blogger, who creates the best homemade recipes. My modified recipe:

1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup of cream
1/4 cup of milk
1 tablespoon of coco
1 handful of chocolate chips
a splash of almond extract
a splash of vanilla extract
homemade whipped cream
add all of the ingredients to a sauce pan, mix well, and bring to a boil.

Homemade whipped cream:

1 cup of whipping cream
1/4 cup of coconut milk (I have leftover coconut milk and I'm looking for an excuse to use it)
1/4 cup of agave nectar
a splash of white Zinfandel
2 drops of almond extract

whip until the texture is very thick and fluffy- about 20 minutes. Store the extra in Tupperware.

No comments:

Post a Comment