Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cream Biscuits

I found this recipe of foodnetwork.com and it's fairly simple but I made a few modifications

2 cups of self rising flour (I used 1/2 cup of wheat flour)
1 1/2 cups of cream (I used about 1/2 cup, I originally planned to use 1/4 up but the biscuits were very dry)
1 tablespoon of sugar(I don't use sugar when I cook but I swapped it out for 1 tablespoon of butter)

I mixed the batter by hand until I got 2 very interesting looking biscuits. I then put them on a piece of aluminum foil and baked at 500*. I baked them for ten minutes, then I added I tried to bake a piece of chicken because I figured, "hey the oven's already on, so why not kill two birds with one stone." Cooking at 500* is only good for ten minutes. They were no fires or smoke but the smoke alarm went off warning me, of what I'm not sure. I took the chicken out, turned the oven off, and opened the backdoor. No major damage.

The biscuits were very good and moist. I probably wouldn't make them for anyone else besides myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment