Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Theory on Cancer

I'm not a doctor, scientist, or anyone with a formal title; I'm a curious woman who's able to put two and two together. This will be a short post because my back hurts from writing the last one, but I had to say this: cancer is caused by the excess of chemicals.

A few months ago, I noticed that I know a lot of people, 18-30, who are cancer survivors. I've also noticed that a lot of babies, 0-10, have an increase in cancer. I knew this wasn't right. I know it has to be something man made

Anything we put in our body has an effect, good or bad. In the last 150 years or so, scientists have found a way to mimic nature in almost everything and while our lives have been easier, there has also been an increase of disease. Cancer is the #2 killer in America, behind cardiovascular disease and while it may be impossible to eliminate all risk, it's possible to increase your body's cancer fighting capabilities.

1. avoid man made products- if it's made in a laboratory, avoid it. This may be hard but anything made in a lab, avoid it.

2. eat well- eating a diet of natural foods helps your body rejuvenate itself. This includes fruits, vegetables, natural meats, and dairy. Cancer

3. move- there is a reason why everyone recommends 20-30 minutes of exercise a day, it helps your body. I'm not sure exactly how but exercise good for you. Do something for 20-30 minutes a day, which is not a lot when you think about how that leaves 23 1/2 hours left to do what you want.

4. sleep- our increase in cancer is due to the fact we're eating processed foods, we're not exercising, and we don't sleep. Eight hours of sleep is the minimum we're required. Sleep allows your body to repair itself.

Are these fool proof ways to preventing cancer? No but I believe if you take care of your body and your body will take care of you. If you eat fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, limit processed foods, sleep well, and exercise daily, your body will be able to fight disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment